Friday, January 05, 2007

An uninspired January

I guess it is a little premature to call it uninspired. After all, it is only January 5th. I've been sick 2/5 of that time and it feels like for-e-ver... Mom's should not get sick. I mean really, how fair is that? We already work 24/7, 365 days per year. A vacation, to me, means I only go out with one or two kids instead of all four. I have a constant companion wherever I go. Now normally, I'm all for this. After all, it's not like I didn't have a clue when I decided to bring these adorable little creatures into the world. It just that when a mom is sick, really sick, a little peace and quiet would go a long way. On one hand, I get to sit and knit and not feel too guilty about not accomplishing a lot. On the other hand, I know, without a doubt, that there are four little ticking time bombs that will feel just as badly as I do. It's just a matter of time. I better run out and buy more kleenex.

My kids have been a bit unmotivated also. I decided to ask them what they wanted to learn about in January.

Airon's list:
1. Electricity
2. Robotics

Soren's list:
1. Rocks and Minerals
2. Machines and Robots
3. Art
4. Animals

I love how kids are drawn to science and art. Both subjects tend to get pushed aside in traditional public school. It's another reason why I love what we do. I'm not sure how we'll attack those subjects, but as soon as I'm feeling 100% again, we'll get started.

Here's a baby freebie picture for the day. It's a girl and her dolly.

No comments: