Since Maya is still little, we opted to use a paper doll pattern for her traveler. After a quick google search for printables, I stumbled upon these adorable Girl Scout Paper Doll Patterns. There were many colors of dolls and hair to choose from. We used the Daisy Scout Pattern since Maya is most familiar with the uniform that the Daisy's wear.
I did the cutting since it needed to be more precise, and Maya did the pasting. She had a great time. It was the perfect craft for us to do together. We pasted her traveler to a file folder, and cut around her to make the doll stronger. Maya's troop leader will also laminate it at a later date.
We were asked to give the traveler a name, and Maya chose "Maya the Girl Scout". Maya the Girl Scout will be mailed to Grandma Vera in Missouri. I'm sure she will have some grand adventures. What a fun project this will be.


3 comments:
Awwwww. So sweet! LMK if Maya the Girl Scout wants a trip to Maryland.
Thanks Mars. When Maya the Girl Scout gets back from MO, I'll ask Maya if her traveler wants to take another trip!
If she could be here by Monday, we'd take her to Puerto Rico! She is very enchanting.
Post a Comment