Monday, February 11, 2008

Winter Walk - Day 29

We'll title this one Snail Hitches a Ride. I was moving some rotting logs yesterday and found three hybernating toads, one California Slender Salamander, and one peppy snail. All had to be relocated because I did some work with the weed eater in their home.


The toads, while sluggish at first, perked up in captivity. I'm sure they were not thrilled with their new temporary habitat. In a fiery display of speed, the snail climbed to the top of Mr. Toad. He stayed there while the toad hopped around. Very amusing!


The toads were relocated to a new wooded area to continue hibernation. The salamander was relocated to the place where we last saw several of her species. The snail went with the toads.

1 comment:

Growing in the Green said...

Cool. Livi is enjoying the pic too:)

Gosh your family is amazing with
that spaghetti project you did.
Very cool