Thursday, May 28, 2009

Catching up...sort of

Blogging is one of those things that once a break is taken, it is hard to get back in the swing of things. The more time passes, the more great things happen. Then, it becomes way too overwhelming to include them all. So, I'll just have to share snippets of photos over the next weeks.

Our days have included a great visit with Gramma G. and Big A., a new kitchen floor, a trip to Santa Cruz, the end-of-year showcase at school, roller skating, purple belt testing in tae kwon do, a bad cold, zucchini, and another trip to the dentist (who is very happy I have four children!).

I'll jump back in here with a few pictures. This first picture cracks me up. Maya put the hat on Stu, and Soren took the picture. Stu's expression is priceless. He was completely unfazed by the whole thing.
Next, we have our first zucchini! Today it is momentous. A month from now, I'm sure I'll be sighing in exasperation that, yet another zucchini is ready for harvest. The rest of the garden is doing its thing too. Since I'm such a novice, I don't know exactly what that "thing" is, but everything seems to be getting bigger, blooming, or creating some sort of vegetable or fruit.
Lastly, this was the sunset tonight. A lightning storm followed this bright orange sky. The storm was all bluster though. It brought about 25 drops of rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did have a great visit!
Are there three purple belts now?
Did you skate at a roller rink? Bet Spencer was a whiz!
Gram G

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Beautiful sunset! Congratulations on your first 'fruit' of the season! It is such a blessing to grow your own food!

Val