Monday, May 04, 2009

A Week Without Airon


Airon left for Scicon today. It is a week-long science and conservation camp that all 6th graders in Tulare County are invited to attend. About eight kids from his school went. They shared a school bus with a small neighboring school district. I am so excited to find out what he has done all week, but I'm realistic enough to know that I'll probably not get nearly enough information to satisfy me. He returns Friday afternoon. I hope he changes his socks at least once or twice.

I got some cute pictures of him with his friends, but I don't want to post them here without permission. It's great to see the relationship he has with his buddies. We will miss him, but it feels great to know that he is confident enough to go away happily for a week.

Spencer went to a birthday party today after we dropped Airon off. Soren, Maya, and I did a few errands. Then, we came home and checked on our little sprouts. The corn finally came up.These are the last two items to plant in our garden. They just need to get a bit bigger and hardier. Then, they'll go in the ground and hopefully produce something by the summer's end.

No comments: