Airon was easily talked into the finger poke, but Soren and Spencer were not interested. In all, we performed about fifteen tests. We had very few O+ which really surprised me. Airon and I are both O+. I knew that about myself, but I did not know his blood type until our party. We had one B+, a couple of A-'s and a few A+'s, and one AB+. It was fun to read the results with that much variety in the group. There were a couple of inconclusive tests because the blood dried too quickly. We also had "super coagulators" which made it difficult to draw any blood at all. The party also had one near fainting, and a bit of vomit on the porch. We science buffs really know how to throw a rockin' party!Yesterday was my birthday. Andy and Maya decorated this beautiful cake:
The kids and I took a quick trip to the river to get algae for the tadpoles. Afterwards, I went for a very hot and miserable six mile run while the boys were in Tae Kwon Do. Then, we came home and had delicious cake. Later, I was putting Spencer to bed and I thanked him for celebrating my birthday with me. It was then that he remembered something. He sat up, dug around in his pants pocket, and pulled out a little envelope that he had made with paper and tape. It was beautifully colored in crayon. In the envelope was a paper laptop, a pop-up basket, and a paper calculator he had made in secret, while I was busy. He handed them to me and said, "I made them for you for your birthday." I told him I would keep them forever. He blushed a little and laid back down with a small smile on his face. Then he asked me where I keep the things "I keep forever". So cute! What a great present. I truly will keep it always and remember Spencer's thoughtfulness.
2 comments:
Oh, my goodness. Overwhelmed with sweetness! What a great day.
Do you still have the box labeled "Do not throw away. I really, really want this!"?
Spencer is a sweetheart!
Your cake maker is too!
xoxox
Post a Comment