Airon did one kick that was so high and strong that his instructors actually gasped. He has grown so tall, and he is pretty much "all legs" at this point in his growth.
Yesterday, I canned peaches for most of the day so the only required schoolwork was whatever the kids could do on their own. I've got a framework for the kid's education this semester (or year), based on their input, and we're off and running. Airon is writing a story. His plan is for it to be novel length, so that is all he will be doing for language arts for awhile. He has currently written a prologue and is into chapter 1. For math he will be working on two different curriculum programs which are both Algebra.
Soren's education this year will be based around science and art. He is currently studying Biology. We just finished a chapter about taxonomy. Next up is cells. He is also doing a regular math book. It's no frills, and he likes it that way.
My only goal for Spencer is to keep him reading and doing math through games. He is a full-fledged reader now, and he is so excited. He had been plodding right along at the same level for awhile. Then, while we were visiting Missouri, Grandma Vera took the kids to Borders to let them choose a book. After an exhaustive search for just the right book, he found Mercy Watson. Mercy Watson is a much-loved "porcine wonder" according to her owners. This story, by Kate DiCamillo had Spencer captivated from the start. It is a chapter book with the most adorable pictures. Fortunately, it is a series, and we have since checked out the others from the library.
Now that Spencer can read, he has started the Dragon Slayer's Academy books which make him giggle and seek me out to tell me what the silly characters are up to now.
Maya's plan is to be an adorable and inquisitive three-year-old. She has been really enjoying helping me in the kitchen lately.
I find myself becoming more and more patient with cooking and "cooking help". I think I just needed the practice. Not much on the agenda for today. I'll get back to hitting the pavement this evening. Turns out, I do actually want to run again. The 30-miler didn't ruin it for me.
2 comments:
Anders loves Mercy Watson! Though I haven't had him read them on his own. He's been able to read a lot of words for a long time, but hasn't really thought that he could read. He just read his first early reader from the library this week. So neat!
Yay Airon, Soren, and Spencer!
Post a Comment