Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Bird watching.


The birds have come! For the first couple of days we only had hummingbirds. It took some time for other birds to find the seed. After consulting our bird book, we have decided for the most part we have Oak Titmouse (Titmice??) and Mountain Chickadee. We also have a couple of different kinds of hummingbirds.

Not much to speak of lately. The kids have been busy at a variety of pursuits. I talked to one of the math teachers today. Airon has expressed an interest in taking an algebra class. I'm considering bringing the pre-algebra book home to see if he is up to the task. Just looking over the book today, I'm not too concerned. I hesitate to put him in a class with all the older kids because he classifies his ability based on his age. I've always found that strange about him. He is so bright, yet he almost seems to think, "I'm not old enough so I must not know that now."

No comments: