Monday, March 17, 2008

We've had a busy week. Nothing out of the ordinary, but enough to keep me from blogging. I'm supposed to be doing my March meal blog-a-long entry, but tonight was just spagetti, sauce from a jar, and some french bread I bought at the store. Instead, I'll post a cute poem that Soren wrote yesterday.

Winter is Gray,
Summer is Blue,
But the Sky is better
Than both of you.


When I first read it, I thought he was being silly and making fun of Andy and I. I asked him if he thought the sky was better than us. He said that the sky is better than Winter and Summer. I think it is a wonderful little poem.

I'm enjoying watching his language arts skills progress. He is quite a good speller. The whole family played team Boggle the other night. Andy and I were so amazed and thrilled with both Soren and Airon's spelling skills. The last time we played, a few months ago, both were having a difficult time. It ended in some tears so, we put that game on the back shelf and played other games for awhile. Both boys have had a recent reading and vocabulary explosion. The spelling has followed naturally.

No comments: