Saturday, June 20, 2009

The camera charger is back!

...Or rather, the new charger is here! Finding out what I'd left on the camera and not downloaded yet was fun.

I'll start with a story. I was tidying up the kitchen one day, and the doorbell rang. I went to answer it and found a salesman on my doorstep.Much to my surprise, I was handed an invoice and asked to sign for a shipment.The invoice read:

Shipping to Stacy G---------
From Get More Gravel.com
Thank you for buying.

There was a place for me to sign and put my phone number.

After dealing with the business at hand, I was handed a bag of gravel, and the salesman turned around and left. I have enjoyed my gravel very much. I don't recall ordering it, but now I can't imagine my life without my gravel shipment from getmoregravel.com.

This week I've been finalizing my plans to go to Missouri in July. It's quite a plan to orchestrate plane reservations, hotel reservation, rental car, and pet care. Pet care is the last sticking point. My primary care person will be out of town for a few days when we'd like to use her. Stu isn't doing so well right now. I've got an appointment on Monday to talk to the vet about his care, and what we can do to make him comfortable and happy as an old dog. What we are doing now is not working. None of us are happy.

Soren, Airon, and I also have a new project. We are learning javascript for computer programming. The boys have visions of all the video games they will create. I'm just trying to keep up enough that I can help them when they get stuck. So, far we have created the first two projects from Programming Video Games for the Evil Genius. The learning curve is steep for me, but I think I'll get it with the help of my 8 and 11-year-old.

All the kids have been reading up a storm. Spencer is taking a reading leap, and Soren and Airon spend much of their day devouring books. I downloaded reading lists for each from Summer Bridge Activities. First we marked off everything they had listened to or read already. Then, we put some on hold from the library. It's been great.

Lastly, we are enjoying this little opportunistic toad who has come to stay outside our front door. We have a tiny little drain from the air conditioner that creates a small puddle. It's the only water around our house anywhere. Our toad friend has turned it into his own personal jacuzzi.

3 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Ok, so the kids are waiting for me to play a game, but I have to comment on 'getmoregravel.com'... that is stinking CUTE! What a creative little guy you have there!!

Val

Anonymous said...

Another memorable moment with Soren G. So glad you grabbed your camera and recorded it!

Heather said...

Love the salesman. that's awesome!