I'm starting to feel something I can barely recognize. It creeps up on me in the afternoons. I don't feel like doing anything. I think I'm...bored. I know. I know. Boredom is my own problem. I own it. I do. My motivation is down in the dumper. The days are hot. The mess is never-ending. The kids are only marginally cooperative. I need a change of pace.
I'm currently working on potty training Maya. Actually, it's more like she is training me. We're having a total blast doing things like spending all kinds of time in the bathroom where she giggles and talks and nothing happens. Girls traveling to the bathroom in packs starts early. She is very insistent that I stay and chat and really, there's nothing I'd rather do than sit folded up on a toddler footstool waiting for my next possible act of servitude--wiping.
I worked in the garden a bit this evening. My neighbor called and offered us a head of cauliflower. I'm not sure where she got it, but we went over to pick it up bearing a gift of zucchini (or course!) and a jar of apricot jam I made this morning. We visited with them for a bit, then the younger boys came back into the garden to run through the sprinklers. We picked one tomato and one green pepper today. We shared the pepper in the garden, and ate the tomato with dinner. Both were worth waiting for.
Tomorrow, we head to the library in the morning. There is a program for the younger kids. Airon may or may not go. The boys have about 15 books to pick up that they put on reserve. The rest of the day will be filled with reading I am sure.
I got a babysitter tomorrow evening so I can go on a run. Andy is in Buffalo until Friday. Book club is actually tomorrow night too. I read the book, but it is only so-so. I don't really feel like going for some reason. I'd rather run.
I forgot to mention before that Airon is doing ALEKS math in addition to EPGY now. He's done the program for 3 days, and he is nearly half-way through Algebra I already based on his assessment and three 30-minute sessions. I thought that was pretty great for an 11-year-old. He should be done with it by the end of August, if not sooner. So, I'll be on the lookout for his next math adventure. I'm not sure what we'll choose. I had been resistent to moving him up in math so quickly because although I know he is capable of doing anything put in front of him, I wanted a chance for his brain to develop higher-level thinking. I've been putting it off, and putting it off. I think he is ready now.
No comments:
Post a Comment