Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday...That's All the Title I've Got.

I started out my day at 4:45 a.m. *yawn*. I was out the door by 5:30 for my long run. I'd been looking forward to it all week. It was my first 20-miler of the year. It did not go as planned. For some reason, my legs would not cooperate today. I made it 18+ miles, getting through the last 7 only because of inertia and my stubborn will, before I decided that I had punished myself enough. This coming week is a cut-back week, and clearly my body is screaming for me to take a break. I'm listening.

I came home, iced my feet, and took a nice nap. I woke up feeling much better, but my right foot still hurt. I have plantar fasciitis in that foot, which isn't serious, but is uncomfortable after long runs. I hobbled around a bit.

We decided to go to the river for a swim. The icy water was perfect for my foot. It was all better after a dip. Cold water is the key I guess. I may have to start icing my foot in a cold water bucket.

The kids had a good time at the river. Here are some photos:

Airon jumping in

Soren declaring victory after he swam all the way across the river

Spencer balancing on a rock

Miss Maya playing by the water

We're gearing up for travel soon. So, the next couple of days will be filled with laundry, cleaning, and packing. I can't wait to hit the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!

Hope you have a great trip!

xoxox