Sunday, March 28, 2010

Geocaching Success!

So, I blew my long run yesterday. Last week, I was so happy after my long run. It went great, and I felt like a million bucks during the entire eighteen miles. I had been looking forward to Sunday's twenty-miler all week. Yesterday, I knew I just didn't have it in me. I got two miles into it, and realized that there was no way it was happening. I turned around and went for a long bike ride instead. I rode over 32 miles. I don't think I've ever ridden that far before. Next weekend I should be back in the swing of things, and that twenty miles will still be there for my running shoes. I'm glad I know my limitations. I just wish I didn't have any.

After nap time, we headed out to go geocaching. We were successful! Caches are small and well camouflaged, making them difficult to find even if the GPS coordinates are accurate.Andy spotted the first two, but Soren found the last one all by himself. He was so excited. I sure wish I could share a picture of him, but he is still on a self-imposed photo restriction. We are excited about looking for caches when we visit Missouri and Montana this summer. We also got some gardening done over the weekend. Andy cut down shoulder-high weeds, and I planted some cucumbers and snap peas. The potatoes have sprouted, and it looks like we'll have our first strawberries in a couple of weeks. Today, I plan on starting a bunch of seeds. It's hard to believe it is nearly time to put the whole garden in.

No comments: