...or homework, or use a standard curriculum, etc...That question is a question I've fielded over and over again in the eight years that we've been a homeschooling family. Today, I thought I'd share a conversation I had with my 12-year-old.
Airon: Mom, I have something I want to do today.
Me: Ok, what is it? (I assumed he was going to ask to use the internet to look up something about a video game that he enjoys.)
Airon: I'd like to consider all the flaws of unsuccessful ancient civilizations and then try to come up with my own model of civilization, leaving those traits out, to create a super empire. But I don't know if that counts as schoolwork our not.
Yes. That counts. It definitely counts.
2 comments:
I LOVE how homeschool kids blend life and learning together seamlessly. They aren't two separate entities, just one amazing way to live life. Go Airon!
Yes! That's a great way to put it. It's all so intertwined.
Post a Comment