Friday, April 02, 2010

Geocaching Obssession?

I think we are all just a wee bit hooked on geocaching. Tuesday evening left us empty-handed which made us all eager to go out and try again. Yesterday, I downloaded the coordinates for four new caches that we could find on our way to the grocery store in Visalia.

Our first stop left us disappointed again. We looked for over thirty minutes while Maya entertained herself by taking photos of her feet:
Our next stop was the Kaweah Oaks Preserve:
There are several caches hidden in the Kaweah Oaks Preserve. We were looking for three of them. We found the first one with no problems. The kids actually knew where it was hidden because they saw a friend find it several months ago. After a short hike, our search for the next cache became a little frustrating. The coordinates kept jumping around due to tree cover. Finally, after much searching (and a little whining), Soren spotted it in an excellent hiding place. Success!

After another short walk:Soren found the last one:Politely, Soren said to me:

"I should have let someone else find that one since it was so easy. I just like finding them so much though."

Afterwards, we did go grocery shopping. It was a day with just the right quantity of work and play.

3 comments:

3Gs4me said...

How fun. Love the pic of the shoes on the wrong feet. :)

Shiksa said...

It's so funny! She insists that they are correct that way. I've learned a good lesson during my years of childrearing: Never argue with a 3-year-old.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't tried it yet, but I think we will in CA. :)

Val