Friday, March 06, 2009

TGIF

I am ever so happy it is Friday. Friday is the day we r-e-l-a-x. I didn't feel that great today. Maya and Airon have had colds this week. I felt like I was getting one too. So, I kicked my relaxation up a notch, and took a two hour rest/nap. A rest/nap is like a nap, but you never actually achieve REM sleep. You are resting and relaxing, but about every 10 minutes, your brain sends a jolt of adrenaline through your body so you don't forget about the toddler in the next room glued to Little Bear on the T.V. I woke up feeling almost human. I didn't feel human enough to dig us out of the complete pit the house became over the week, but I did take some time for photography and more sitting around.

Here is a sick-day self portrait 9/52:

Maya passed the time painting:
She loves to paint and asks to do art several times a day. I enjoy her paintings.
Saturday is violin, and a very new experience for our family. We are going to a Civil War reenactment in Visalia. We checked out some books from the library this past week, and the boys have been reading up on the subject.

2 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Beautiful! I am sorry you are sick, but it looks like everyone had a fun day none the less. :)

Val

Heather said...

I, too, love her painting!