Friday, April 17, 2009

Civil War in Miniature

My busy week is over thank goodness. I'm ready to move on. It wasn't a bad week. It was just disappointing. I applied for a volunteer job that I did not get. It was good to go out on a limb and try something new though.

Airon's good friend had a birthday this week. His friend is a bit of a Civil War buff. Airon has also been spending a great deal of time researching the Civil War, "Just for the sheer fun of it" as he says. Airon created a birthday card with these little Civil War fellows fighting for the Union.

Artillery:Cavalry:He made them out of colored index cards and little bits of tape. I love the miniature items the boys create. Their details always amaze me.

Today we will play catch-up from a week of setting typical tasks aside. It is supposed to be a beautiful day, so we'll spend some time mowing and working on the chicken coop fencing so our little chicks can start spending their days outside in the sunshine.

No comments: