Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny again. I look forward to it. Soren and Spencer started a new project today. They are growing their socks. They put grass seed in the toe of a sock, filled it with dirt, and then they drew faces on them. Their new sock friends are currently sitting in water. We're waiting for the magic of nature to sprout their hair (and uni-brow based on the position of the face on Soren's friend in relation to some of the seeds).
Spencer and I also worked on fractions today with fraction circles. We worked on understanding pieces of a whole and identifying "halves" with more than one piece such as 3/6, 6/12, and 5/10. Spencer definitely has a mind for math. He makes my job easy. He is very much a visual and kinesthetic learner. He's the first of the kids that really learns best from manipulatives. The other boys liked them, but manipulatives weren't integral to their understanding of math concepts.
Maya and I played with her color clips. Then, I gave her the counting bears to sort. She is working on learning her colors. She can match very well. She just cannot always remember the names of the colors. Her visual perceptual skills are very keen. She can spot very subtle differences. She still struggles with object labels at times.
The learning differences in the kids are fascinating to me.
1 comment:
Grinsy School looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment