Saturday, April 25, 2009

More Work on the Homestead

This past week hasn't been exceptionally busy. It was just filled with mundane tasks that didn't seem interesting to write about. Both boys completed their first section of STAR tests for the year. Little Maya had her first cavity filled. Yes...a cavity. She was a trooper. Here eyes were as big as saucers the whole time, but she didn't cry or wiggle much at all. It was quite amazing really. We do have an excellent pediatric dentist.

Today, however, was a big day. Do you see something different about this boy?He's riding a bike! While we filled our week with nothing, he spent his week teaching himself how to ride his bike on the back porch. Today, he just needed a wide open space and he was on the go. He has decided that now that he can ride a bike, he would like to ride down to the corner and get the newspaper every Friday. I love how he wants to use his new-found freedom to help out the family.

We worked most of the day putting up the fence for the garden. I stretched the fence, and Andy secured it to the posts and hung a gate. This work inspired Self Portrait 17 of 52:I also weeded and mulched the strawberry patch. I ate the first red ripe strawberry yesterday. It was delicious. Tomorrow, I will cover the patch with bird netting, or we will likely lose our whole crop.

Airon took the younger kids back up to the house in the early afternoon while Andy and I were still working. When Andy and I took a lunch break, we found Maya and baby, fast asleep on the chair. She fell asleep while watching Curious George.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Spencer on Wheels!

xoxo
Gramma & Big Al