After cleaning my closet, drawers, and under my bed, I ended up with two garbage bags of clothes for Goodwill, and some odds and ends to hand down to another mom. In addition, there were quite a few items that were not in the proper condition to donate to anyone.
In her book, Regina Leeds recommends something called Space Bags. I'm trying to do all this reorganizing on a very strict budget. There is no end to the amount of money one could spend on organizing products. Space bags seemed a bit expensive at $17.99 for five bags which look essentially like giant zip-lock food storage. However, since I had been fighting my current storage of off-season items which I keep under my bed, I thought I'd give them a try.
I bought the five pack at Target, and finally got to the project yesterday. What fun! After pulling everything out, and separating the donation items, I was left with this:
I separated everything by child, and thanks to Space Bags, turned it into this:
The clothing "packets" remind me of the vacuum-sealed salmon portions that Uncle Tom makes after a fishing trip. These clothing bags easily slipped back under my bed, and I know they won't stink like salmon no matter how long I keep them there.
1 comment:
I'm so delighted you liked the space bags! You have come to this journey with an open mind & heart. I have no doubt that untold benefits are coming your way!
Blessings,
Regina
Post a Comment