Monday, February 09, 2009

Homesteading Chores and Self Portraits

Last week while Andy was out of town, the wood was delivered. Unfortunately, I had ordered the wrong size. I had no idea that wood even came in different sizes, but apparently it does. I measured the front of our wood stove, but the back is much narrower. I couldn't see that when I was trying to measure it with a raging fire blazing inside it. Hmmm... I had enough on my plate at the time, so I didn't even bother to stack it. I just threw a tarp over it and called it a day. Over the weekend, Andy cut each piece in half (I love that man!), and the two younger boys stacked.


We now have a very neat pile of cut and stacked wood. It should keep our house the balmy 75 degrees I enjoy. Afterwards the boys shared in some silliness that only brothers can truly understand.

In other news, I'm participating in an online photography assignment of 52 self portraits in 2009. The goal is to become more proficient with the camera, and also with photo editing. I thought I might share some of them here. This is the photo I took for week six:


I'm not this serious in all of them. It's been a very fun project so far. I am already understanding my camera and software much better. Best of all, I'm no longer convinced that I'm not photogenic. I am, however, discovering that I am not super creative. I'm hoping and expecting that will develop over time.

No comments: