Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rainy Rainy Rain

I'm tired of rain and clouds and gloom. There has been no shortage of any of those things for about two weeks. There's been a bit of sun here and there, but nothing of substance. Today, we got all geared up to go outside to plant our strawberries, and the sky opened up and poured. Blah...

A break in the weather came, and the kiddos and I headed down the hill to plant. I worked on adding compost and humus to the soil. Airon and Soren did the actual planting. Spencer occupied Maya so we could make it happen. As we were working, it started sprinkling again. Airon and Soren made up jokes as they worked. We decided they would be great on the blog.

Airon's joke:
Q - How do cow's talk?
A - They cow"mooo"nicate

Soren's joke:
Q - What is a fish's favorite singer?
A - El"fish" (instead of Elvis)

I promised them all a movie after planting. They picked Scooby Doo (of course!). We had lunch and I put Maya down for her nap and went out for a run in the rain. Blah...again. They were all watching Scooby when I got home.

Rainy days do leave time for some projects such as building with blocks. They used every single one available. Soren and Spencer built this and put the marble run in the middle:


My project was my 8th self portrait. Maya decided that she needed to be in this one. She was so cute. We set the timer and she agreed to stand "very very still" until the photo snapped. Then, she exploded into peels of laughter as she ran around to the back of the camera to "see Maya self". I think she believes that the word "myself" is actually derived from her name. She does not lack self confidence, and I adore that about her. She's a little blurry in this image because I wasn't using the flash. 1/8th of a second is too long to stand still when you are two.


Lastly, tonight before bed Airon wanted a group shot. Soren told Spencer that they should make a serious face. "Frightened" and "not amused" seem to match their expressions more closely. I just love how Airon is posing in this picture.


This week will be another week of solo parenting for me. I hope the weather improves so we can spend more time outside.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Thanks for the photos, Stacy. The group shot is wonderful, but I really love the one of you and Maya. That should be framed. Bet Andy would love one in his office.

Maureen

Maureen said...

Airon and Soren,
I liked your riddles. Clever!

And Soren and Spencer, your block creation looks terrific!

Love, Gram G

Shiksa said...

Thanks for the comments Maureen. It is fun to get them! I am really happy with that photo of Maya and I. She was so sweet that day. I wish you could have seen her. Unfortunately, it is best left small since she is blurry in it. I'll keep trying. I'd love to have one to give Andy for his office.