Overall, it is going well. I'm fighting new muscle twinges here and there as I get used to using new muscles. I have to really pay attention to make sure that I don't hurt myself. With running, I recognize nearly every ache or pain, and adjust accordingly. With this new system, I question every little twitch and wonder if it is a sign of an impending breakdown or a normal adjustment. I took Monday as a complete day of rest. Yesterday, I did a cross training workout on the bike. Today, I don't have any soreness at all. I will be doing a running workout today.
Something fun happened yesterday. I looked out the window and saw a red-shouldered hawk just sitting in our tree quite close by. I called the kids over, and we observed it out the window for awhile. We see them flying overhead, and hear their call frequently, but it's not often we get to observe one so closely while it is just resting. They got a big kick out of it.
I grabbed the camera and snuck outside. Using my zoom and a steady hand, I got this picture:
I'm pleased with how this photo turned out. The hawk cooperated perfectly. I was silent while preparing the camera, then I very softly cleared my throat to catch his attention. He looked at me, and I snapped the photo. He stayed for about a minute more, then flew away.
1 comment:
Shiksa,
I wondered if you might be interested in participating in a blog tour for a newly released inspirational book for Christian parents. One Million Arrows: Raising Your Children to Change the World casts a vision for parents to see what's possible when they disciple their children and engage in the Great Commission as a family using God-given resources and talents. The book features many young people and families (including homeschooling families like the Harrises and the Tebows) who are currently changing the world for Christ. Ministry leaders like Josh McDowell, Dennis Rainey, Franklin Graham, Ron Luce, and many other recognized names have endorsed it.
One special feature of the book is that ALL profits benefit orphan care and ministry worldwide. The message emphasizes investment in orphaned children worldwide who are being raised and discipled to change their countries for Christ.
If you would like to participate, please email me at info@onemillionarrows.com. The blog tour is scheduled for early March and I will send you a free book if you want to participate. I will also offer completed book review text for the blog tour for your convenience.
I noticed you're way into fitness. My husband and I are too (you can check out my fitness page on my personal website) but find that it's getting harder to push the old bods!
Thanks so much for your consideration. Visit us at www.onemillionarrows.com
Julie Ferwerda
www.julieferwerda.com
Post a Comment