I'm almost 21 days into my new habits. Regina Leeds, the author of One Year to an Organized Life assures me that all of these changes I have put into place will become good habits after 21 days. I'm holding her to this. If I fall apart on day 22, I'm sending her an e-mail.
The Motivated Moms chore planner has probably helped the most. I'm sticking to the cleaning routine and daily list, and sure enough, our house looks quite nice. The side effect of a nice clean house is that I am really relaxed. We get our school work done each day. I am not feeling guilty about my exercise time since I haven't left anything undone. That in turn, makes me more motivated to think about preparing dinner. It isn't such an overwhelming task to me.
I also no longer want to run away screaming when I see a pile of laundry. Andy came out of our bedroom the other other day and asked if my mom was visiting again. With a confused look on my face, I asked him why. His response: "Clothes I wore just yesterday are already clean and folded in my drawers. That only happens when your mom is here."
The project, for the month of January, in One Year to an Organized Life is the kitchen. I almost feel like I'm cheating this month since a) Our kitchen has been recently remodeled thereby eliminating most issues that might need to be corrected. b)I go through the kitchen fairly regularly and eliminate extra clutter. And c)I recently cleaned most of my cabinets and drawers in preparation for having holiday visitors. I know I should appreciate this gift of an easy project. The month of July will require me to organize all my pictures and memorabilia. My dirty little secret is the two huge drawers I have that are just stuffed full of pictures, mementos, and old schoolwork. That month I will be paid back in full.
No comments:
Post a Comment