Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life at Warp Speed

I had every good intention of getting back here this past week, but Monday came, and now it is Saturday.

The kids started their classes on Tuesday. They enjoyed them all. Maya and I did the grocery shopping and as much swinging as she could pack into the day. After our day in Visalia, it was back up to Three Rivers for dinner and basketball.

It takes a certain amount of endurance to get through those long school school days that lead right into basketball. I've gotten soft over the vacation. I miss my nap. It keeps me kind and charming. Without it, I pretty much work in zombie mode until bedtime. The good news is that the kids think zombie's are cool.

Our new organized life took a hit this week too. Sometime around Tuesday, a clutter storm hit the house, and we've been cleaning up after it ever since. This weekend is the last weekend for the kitchen project. Fortunately, I'm almost done. I'm down to the last cabinet to clean and straighten. If I'm really energetic, I'll touch up the paint tomorrow. I will be able to walk away from January with a clean and organized kitchen.

I've been prattling on about myself since this year started, so I'll pop in a picture for your enjoyment: Yesterday, Soren, Spencer, Maya and Yoko the cat played outside as ninjas. I overheard Soren asking Maya: "Do you want to wear something pretty?" Maya's response: "No. I want to be a super hero!"

The weather was beautiful yesterday. We had full sun and 60 degrees. It was a wonderful day to be outside. Andy and I did a short run together, then I jumped on the bike for a ride. My hips are doing great. The original pain I had in the right hip, moved into both on Monday. I narrowed it down to an alignment issue. I've been stretching and doing a lot of core-strengthening exercises. Both hips are doing very well now. I have an awareness of past pain, but they do not hurt while running. I just get a little stiff afterwards.

Big news this week also includes that I have three Brown Belt boys in Tae Kwon Do! It amazes me that they are less than a year away from their black belts. I love how strong and coordinated they are from taking Tae Kwon Do. Airon and Soren have an interest in continuing on past the black belt. Spencer would prefer not to, but he may change his mind.

On today's agenda is violin lesson, and hopefully planting potatoes. As usual, I have no idea what I'm doing in the garden, but I have very little to lose by trying.

1 comment:

Gramma G & Big Al said...

Congrats to the brown belters!!!
Awesome!